On today’s episode of the Better Life, Better Business podcast, Shawn Ellis, founder of The Speakers Group, asks Allan Karl for his best advice on how to overcome fear, thrive in the midst of change, build better relationships and conduct business globally.
It may sound like an odd combination of topics, but these are just a few of the things Allan learned when he left his successful marketing career behind — he founded one of the top 50 digital advertising firms in the nation — and traveled around the world… alone… on his motorcycle.
Over the course of three years, traveling across five continents and through 35 countries — more than 62,000 miles — Allan learned some lessons that will help YOU be more effective in your life and business… right where you are… today.
Among the questions Allan answers in this interview:
- Now that you’re back from your adventure, what did you learn that can help the rest of us in our personal and professional lives?
- How did you find common ground and make strong connections with such diverse people around the world? (HINT: His answer will help you relate to your co-workers and customers, too)
- How must we look at change to keep from feeling overwhelmed and afraid? (These are some of the same tips Allan shares with managers to help them teach/train/inspire their employees through change)
- Why must we not default to the “safe route”?
- And more!
If you’d like to hear the answers, then…
Download audio (MP3).
More about Allan Karl:
Allan Karl inspires people to take chances, overcome fear, tackle obstacles, and smile — especially in the face of adversity. He should know. Allan spent nearly three years riding around the world, alone on a motorcycle. He ultimately logged more than 62,000 miles while traveling through 35 countries. With Allan’s incredible real-world stories involving ordinary people in the extraordinary circumstances, audiences are left talking about him and the truths and lessons he shares for years to come.
Want more advice on how to Live a Better Life and Build a Better Business, from today’s top speakers, experts and thought leaders?
- Subscribe to the “Better Life, Better Business” podcast on iTunes
- Sign up for email updates and get instant access to new episodes