You don’t have to be the next Steve Jobs — or even hire the next Steve Jobs — to be a breakthrough innovator in your industry. If you find comfort in that statement, then get out your pen and notepad (or open Evernote!) and listen to Ken Tencer, innovation expert and co-author of Cause A Disturbance, as he joins Shawn Ellis on this episode of The Better Life/Better Business Podcast. Ken has been helping companies with branding and innovation strategy for over 20 years, and leading publications and networks including The Globe & Mail, The Financial Times, CNBC, Forbes and Bloomberg have featured his thought leadership.
Listen in and you’ll discover:
- Why the idea that business innovations have to be “big” and complicated is a myth
- How innovation, marketing and sales work together to drive business growth
- Where every great innovation begins (HINT: it has to do with your customers)
- How to foster a spirit of “intrapreneurship” among your employees
- Why creating a culture of innovation helps you attract, engage and retain top talent
- How to use Ken’s “90 Percent Rule” to identify and focus on the innovative ideas that have the most potential in your business
- How innovation helps you break free from commodity status
- And more!
About Ken Tencer:
Branding and innovation speaker Ken Tencer says, “If you can slice a melon or make a right-hand turn, you can be a breakthrough innovator.” Ken’s simple, empowering message has been inspiring business audiences – from solopreneurs to Fortune 500 executives – since 2010. Whether your business is in transition or simply looking for an innovative spark, Ken provides a formula for low-cost, continuous innovation that will change the way you work and transform your organization into a market leader. Based on his book, “Cause a Disturbance,” Ken helps business leaders and entrepreneurs change the way they think about innovation, opening their minds to the possibilities – and simplicity – of being innovative every day! Hire Ken for your next event and let him be the “sparkplug” of innovation at your company.
Subscribe to The Better Life/Better Business Podcast:
Like this episode? Click here to subscribe to The Better Life/Better Business Podcast, and get our next episode in your inbox! You’ll enjoy interviews with leading speakers and experts on topics such as leadership, sales, customer service, life balance, negotiation and more to help you in your life and business. As an added bonus, you’ll also receive a free copy of our “Good Advice” ebook featuring insights from over 25 speakers, authors and thought leaders including Chris Brogan, Marcus Buckingham, Patrick Lencioni and others.