How does working as a stand-up comic (and sharing the stage with the likes of Chris Rock, Robin Williams, and Ray Romano) and government lie detection expert make you an in-demand sales and marketing expert? Just ask Janine Driver, also known as “The Lyin’ Tamer.”
Today Janine is among the funniest and most powerful sales & marketing speakers on the circuit, sharing her “top secret” rapport-building, interviewing, and people-reading skills with the business community. She was recently seen as an expert guest on CNBC’s The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch, when he dedicated a show to “The New Art of Selling.”
According to Janine, every thought and every emotion a person tries to lock away inside is revealed in a hidden language of gesture, posture and facial expressions. If you know that hidden code, then you’ll be able to spot everything from dishonesty to disinterest. Here are some of the tips Janine shared on the program:
- Look for deviations in normal behavior – changes in eye contact
- The “Belly Button Rule” – We face our belly button towards the person who we are most attracted to
- Three Zones must be open: The Neck Dimple (Represents deception), The Belly Button, and the “Naughty Bits”
- Nose wrinkles are micro-expressions of disgust… look for them as indicators for disapproval or contempt
- A “Broad Side Display” can help you create a bigger space and become more persuasive.
- If someone is not open, do something to uncross their arms, widen their stance, etc. (Hand them a glass of water or change their attention so that they must go into an open stance)
- Nervous people normally look down and can miss much of what is being communicated to you
Might some of these tips help you and your sales force achieve greater success? Typically when considering speakers for a sales meeting, sales managers and directors think about motivational speakers, strategy gurus, and consumer behavior authorities. If 93% of communication is non-verbal, though, perhaps an expert on body language is just what the doctor ordered to help you boost performance.
Check out some video footage of Janine with Donny Deutsch here, and for more information about her keynote speaking programs, view Janine’s profile on The Speakers Group’s site at https://www.thespeakersgroup.com/Janine_Driver.