On today’s episode of the Better Life, Better Business podcast, Shawn Ellis, founder of The Speakers Group, asks Michael Gold, founder of Jazz Impact and an expert speaker on teamwork, innovation and managing change, to share his insights on how today’s business leaders and professionals can perform at a higher level by taking notes from a world class jazz ensemble.
Among the questions Michael answers:
- When did you discover the jazz-business connection?
- What are the Five Dynamics of Jazz and how do these principles relate to the interactive dynamics of business today?
- What is the difference between practice and performance — or is there one?
- What can jazz teach us about social business design?
If you’d like to hear the answers, then…
Download audio (MP3).
More on Michael Gold:
We believe that the learning processes of contemporary organizations can be described by the jazz metaphor more effectively than by any other because jazz depends for its continual survival in the marketplace on one very important activity: constant learning and innovation. Jazz is an art form based in social learning and therefore a perfect metaphor for the learning organization.
- Book Michael Gold and Jazz Impact for your next your event
- Get a free copy of Michael’s book, Trading Fours: Jazz and the Learning Organization
Want more advice on how to Live a Better Life and Build a Better Business, from today’s top speakers, experts and thought leaders?
- Subscribe to the “Better Life, Better Business” podcast on iTunes