As a business leader, have you ever found yourself in a position where it feels like you’re responsible for everything, but truly in control of nothing? (Maybe right now?!) Or, have you ever struggled with trying to catch and cast a vision you didn’t create? If those questions “click” with you, then you’ll love today episode of The Better Life/Better Business Podcast!
Ron Minatrea spent over 30 years at Motorola as an engineer, senior operations leader, and business executive, where he learned first-hand about the importance of aligning your vision, values and leadership to live a better life and build a better business. Now a respected business coach, workshop leader and leadership speaker, Ron shares lessons learned with individuals and organizations nationwide.
On this episode of the podcast, hosted by Shawn Ellis, founder of The Speakers Group, Ron shares some of his “good advice” to help all leaders–but especially “middle leaders”–find more fulfillment and achieve more success, at home and at work, by aligning their vision, values and leadership for life.
Listen in and you’ll discover:
- What triggered a dramatic shift in Ron’s career path at Motorola (you might be feeling the same thing right now)
- Who are “middle leaders,” why are they so important, and why isn’t the popular leadership advice always helpful to them?
- How do you catch and cast a vision that you didn’t create?
- What kind of vision is necessary to be a successful leader–at any level?
- What is the link between “Corporate DNA” and “Personal DNA”?
- What is the most important thing when casting a vision to your team?
- What are the three types of goals you can set–and which type matters most?
- Why is it necessary to develop a single, integrated set of goals for life and business?
- And more!
About Ron Minatrea:
Ron Minatrea spent over 30 years at Motorola as an engineer, senior operations leader, and business executive, holding domestic and international assignments where he was ultimately responsible for more than $20 billion in annual shipments. A very capable communicator with a strong reputation for strategic planning and operational execution, he was recognized for his contribution to the company winning the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. Today, Ron is a speaker, teacher, workshop leader and certified professional coach. He draws on his skills and experience to teach, lead, and encourage others to define and achieve their own goals.
Hire Ron for your next event and he’ll help you and your leadership team align vision, values and leadership.
Want a Transcript of This Episode–And A FREE Subscription to Future Episodes?
Like this episode, but prefer to read the PDF? Click here to download the transcript and also get a free subscription to The Better Life/Better Business Podcast so you never miss another episode! You’ll enjoy interviews with leading speakers and experts on topics such as leadership, sales, customer service, life balance, negotiation and more to help you in your life and business.