Inspirational speaker and author, Diane Sieg, has been participating and facilitating retreats for the last 16 years. She’s in good company, because even Leonardo da Vinci is an advocate of taking time away, saying, “Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer; since to remain constantly at work will cause you to lose power or judgment…”
When is the last time you got away? If you need some help justifying the investment — of time, not just money — then check out Diane’s 10 reasons for going on a retreat on her blog. We’ll paraphrase five of our favorites here:
- Change your environment, change your mind.
- It’s hard to listen until you silence the “noise” around you.
- Something special happens when you’re a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Breakthroughs happen when we take the time to stop.
- Focus on what you need only in this moment and you’ll experience a peace and contentment unlike anything else.
The best time to book your retreat is right now, and if you’re ready and willing with no place to go, you can join Diane for her annual Costa Rica Retreat January 26-February 2, 2013. Wherever you go, though, just go… you’ll thank yourself!
>> Read Diane’s full blog post here
>> Need a speaker for your company retreat? Learn more about Diane’s keynote speaking programs here