Do you want to increase sales? Improve customer service? Boost employee morale? What are your desired outcomes in the next year? No matter what you want to accomplish, it all comes down to how you show up and how you respond in this present moment. The challenge is, “this moment” is quite elusive in the age of distraction, where we live in a state of continuous partial attention, often scurrying here and there to keep up with the accelerating pace and constant uncertainty of life and work today. Sound familiar? The good news is that there’s a solution, and in his engaging, inspiring keynote presentations, entrepreneur, thought leader, author and speaker Shawn Ellis will share his remarkable journey of “Mastering the Moments” in life and business, packed with practical lessons, to equip your people to do the same.
Quick Reference Card
Attitude, Change, Entrepreneurship, Happiness, Inspiration, Life Balance, Mindfulness, Motivation, Resilience, Sales, Spouse Programs, Stress Management
Domestic Keynote Fee Range*:
$10,000-14,999, $5,000-9,999, Under $10,000
Associations, Closing Sessions, Corporations, Entrepreneurs, Management, Opening Sessions, Sales, Senior Executives
• Learn how to reclaim “this moment” in the midst of uncertainty and busy-ness
• Be refreshed, renewed and inspired to perform at a higher level
• Find focus in the midst of endless distractions
• Create a spirit of collaboration to last through your entire event
• Be reminded that in the midst of change, uncertainty, and adversity, there is still something GOOD happening
*Speaker fees vary based on event location, program duration and other factors, and are subject to change without notice. Please contact us for an accurate fee quote for your event.
Not just another motivational speaker…
Recognized as a “world leader in personal and professional development,” Shawn Ellis is in demand as a speaker, workshop leader, and resilience coach to help crazy-busy professionals thrive in the face of adversity, uncertainty, and change.
While Shawn moved to Nashville to pursue a career in music almost 25 years ago, what he found was a passion for helping people find joy and meaning at the intersection of life and work. After more than a decade of helping leading organizations inspire their people by partnering with some of the world’s best speakers, authors, and thought leaders—including the likes of Dr. Wayne Dyer, Magic Johnson, Jon Gordon, Marci Shimoff, Marcus Buckingham, and many more—Shawn discovered an important message of his own: “This Moment Matters.”
At a point of crisis in his own life, feeling squeezed by the accelerating pace of life, and by increasingly complex and demanding working conditions, Shawn realized that having a front row seat to the world’s best thinking and advice was not a free pass to success. “It’s not about knowing the right thing, but doing the right thing,” Shawn says. Whether you’re reaching for your goals or overcoming obstacles, it’s all about how you show up and how you respond, moment by moment.
Now a self-proclaimed “momentologist”—one who is dedicated to the art and science of being more present and more engaged for more of the moments—Shawn is on a mission to help others rise and thrive in the moments of their own lives. Clients call his approach “a breath of fresh air,” and his sessions have earned 4-star reviews from professionals at organizations such as Pitney Bowes, State Farm, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Unisys, Howard Community College, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Panera Bread Company, and many more.
VIRTUAL SESSION: State Before Strategy: 5 Steps to Find Certainty in the Midst of Uncertainty
This is a time of unprecedented uncertainty and we are all of scrambling to adapt to a new way of life and work. What was familiar and reliable just days ago has been taken away, and now we must develop and implement new strategies to not only thrive, but to survive.
We will get through this, and we will rise above, but we must not make the mistake of rushing into the “how” of it all before we first address the fear, anxiety, sadness, loss, and other disempowering emotions that are consuming your people right now.
The key to rising up is to shift from states of fear and anxiety into an elevated, empowered state of CERTAINTY. It is from this state that you will find the creativity, resourcefulness, optimism, and other qualities you and your people need to implement the strategies required to succeed today.
This is the principle of State Before Strategy.
So, where do you find this CERTAINTY? We must stop looking for it in our circumstances—which continue to change by the day, or by the hour—and instead cultivate it from within.
This program is perfect for:
- Sales professionals
- Customer service professionals
- Health care workers
- Any team facing tremendous uncertainty and stress
The audience will leave with:
- Tools to proactively take control of their thoughts to stay calm, centered, and aligned with core values to to make necessary decisions
- A 4-step process to identify and let go of limiting beliefs that naturally crop up when facing new challenges
- The ability to find an empowering meaning in this crisis and others that may show up in the future
- Two guiding questions to connect to the highest human needs of growth and service to pull them forward in difficult times
- Four simple, daily practices to cultivate certainty and resilience to persist in pursuit of their ultimate goals and objectives
- Confidence that they have the inner strength to thrive in life and work, regardless of the circumstances
While drawing on proven lessons from the fields of mindfulness, neuroscience, and psychology, combined with Strategic Intervention coaching methodologies, Shawn teaches through the lens of personal experience, having successfully navigated multiple personal and professional crises over the decade. In other words, the presentation not only has information, but just as importantly, feeling, which is what leaves a lasting impression with session participants.
Your attendees will walk away inspired, empowered, and equipped with specific tools to help them anchor to a state of CERTAINTY that will carry them through the days, weeks, and months ahead, so your organization can rise up in this unique time, and be prepared to thrive for years to come.
Mastering the Moments to Rise and Thrive... Right Now!
Moments. Life is full of them. Some of them are magical, many of them are mundane. Some of them take your breath away, many of them are unnoticed. Yet every moment matters. This moment matters. Because in this moment, everything can change.
Sales are won or lost.
Employees are engaged or checked out.
Customers are thrilled or alienated.
Relationships are built or broken.
This moment matters, because everything happens in this moment. Yet how often are we really here for the moments?
In today’s rapidly changing, highly demanding business world, it’s no secret that leaders are struggling to keep morale up while their people are constantly striving to “do more, faster.”
It’s been said that we live in the Age of Distraction, in a state of Continuous Partial Attention. So, no wonder we struggle to do what we know we should do.
Before we start chasing the “next new thing” that promises to get us from where we are to where we want to be, we must first learn how to “be here now” so we can do what we already know how to do.
After this presentation, your people will be equipped with the strategies they need to combat overwhelm, fatigue, distractions, endless thoughts, and everything else that threatens to rob us of this moment… so they can focus on what matters most.
- The Power of Awareness: In order to find the right solution to this situation, you must first slow down and be aware of what’s really happening. Be here now; be somewhere else later.
- The Power of Focus: Is your attention set to “spray” or “stream”? Do what you’re doing, and bring your full talent, skill, and experience into this moment.
- The Power of Alignment: Are you living by default or by design? Align with your goals, values, and priorities in any given moment by asking a simple question: What’s the right thing, right now?
- The Power of Perspective: The “problem” almost always has more to do with your perspective than with the reality of the circumstance. Take another look. Is there a gift here?
Rise and Thrive -- Unleash Your True Power to Rise Up in Times of Change, Uncertainty, or Adversity
I’m not supposed to be here.
This shouldn’t be happening.
Nothing is going according to plan.
Have you ever had any of those thoughts? We all have. And if your organization, your team, or your industry is going through a time a change, uncertainty, or adversity, you can bet your people have.
What we know as leaders, of course, is that change is normal. Adversity is a given. The only certainty is uncertainty!
But challenging circumstances can rock our world if we’re not ready for them. One “bad” moment can easily spiral into “one of those days.” The key is to realize that circumstances are never in our control. What is in our control is how we SHOW UP, and how we RESPOND.
If your people are overwhelmed by thoughts like, “How is the change in our organization going to affect me?” or “How are the new competitors in the marketplace going to affect me?” or “How am I going to get used to this new person sitting next to me?” then there’s no way they can perform up to the level you know they’re capable of.
So, let’s help them. You have an amazing group of people. Let’s give them the gift of a fresh perspective. Let’s share some laughs, and remind them that, if they look back on their lives, they’ll see that it’s all unfolded according to plan. And there’s no reason for it to stop now.
Just relax. Show up at your best. Respond with intention. And enjoy the ride. It’s going somewhere good!
- The Power of Perspective: While you don’t get to choose your circumstances, you do get to choose how you SHOW UP and how you RESPOND.
- The Power of Presence: Your company needs you, your coworkers need you, your family needs you… we ALL need ALL of you.
- The Power of Purpose: You are here for a reason, and the reason is not something grand and far away in the future… it is THIS MOMENT.
- The Power of Gratitude: This is life, and life is a gift… so what can you find to be grateful for in this moment? Nothing negative can exist in the presence of gratitude.
"What a welcomed opening speaker! I have attended so many Conferences and National Sales Meetings... It has become quite the 'snooze fest'! Shawn was able to connect with the audience and get us excited to be where we were. His techniques and stories were easily relatable and entertaining." — Architectural Sales Manager, Rockfon
Attending this program at the recent convention was one of the most meaningful… — Vice President, First National Bank of Fredonia
Interactive, customized, and just what we needed to kick off our sales meeting. — General Manager, United Insurance Group
Finding the right speakers for the right moment for the right conference is the most challenging thing for us. We really enjoyed you and your point of view and your message. Thank you for helping us create an excellent conference. — Senior Director, Dippin' Dots
Learn more about Shawn at www.shawnellis.com.