Sales professionals working with today’s crazy-busy prospects face a whole new set of challenges, many of which come as a result of what Jill Konrath calls “Frazzled Customer Syndrome.” How do you know if you’re dealing with someone who suffers from this debilitating condition? Watch for the symptoms. They…
- Have a “net it out” mentality. These impatient, time-starved people want you to get to the bottom line right away. If you don’t, they’re immediately dismissive.
- Get easily distracted. Even when they’re interested in what you have to say, their attention spans are short. They feel compelled to multitask whenever humanly possible.
- Forget quickly. Because of their excessive flitting from task to task, much of what they commit to never makes it into their long-term memory.
- Demand a lot. They expect you to jump through hoops to fulfill their requests, yet when it’s time for them to take action, they move like molasses.
- Suffer from “analysis paralysis.” Faced with lots of change, multiple acceptable options, and the lack of time for thorough research, they appear overwhelmed, and nothing makes sense to them.
- Withdraw from contact. When they’re buried under other priorities, they don’t have any news to report or they have bad news-or go silent altogether.
Read an excerpt from Jill’s SNAP Selling book on our SixOnSelling site for her insights on how to become a salesperson your customers WANT to work with, or, book one of Jill’s highly interactive, content-packed sessions for your next sales meeting to help your team crack into new accounts, speed up sales cycles and win big contracts.